As part of the registration process please note that this will be completed via the SG vacancies on line system. This is hosted by Peoplesolutions who have a Data Protection regime in place along with SG to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. All personal data is processed and stored securely within the UK by Peoplesolutions and their subcontractors.
Online sift will be via the Capita PLC which involves sharing of data. Capita have a Data Protection regime in place with the SG to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. All personal data is processed and stored securely within the UK by Capita PLC or their partners who they use to provide the online tests. Data is processed only in connection with the services provided to the SG and for business necessity. Personal data held includes special types of sensitive information. This information includes an identifier, name, email addresses, work and personal contact information provided to Capita PLC by the SG in addition to the IP address you used to connect to the service.
Your individual rights
– You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
– You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
– You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
– You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
– You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
– You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes
Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
Handling of application forms
Completed application forms and diversity monitoring information are stored on the HR system. This includes name, date of birth, address, contact information, CVs, supporting statements and references. Unsuccessful applicants details are destroyed after 2 years, with successful candidates details retained as per our employee retention schedule which is available on request.
Who can view your data?
Only specific SG Human Resources staff and line management can access your data held in SG records and systems.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information (known as a Subject Access Request ). You may have a right to have this information corrected, deleted and to object to or restrict the processing of the information held. You may also have a right to receive the information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and transfer or have this information transferred to another data controller.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how your personal data is handled, you can contact the SG Data Protection Officer – email email@example.com who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with the response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street
Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115